Related Industries - Engine Builders
Shields Engineering & Dry Dock Co Ltd, North Shields
Shields Engineering was based between the Ferry Landing and the Fish Quay at North Shields.
In about 1898 Ald Richard Irvin set up a general engineering company to cater to the needs of the fishing industry. It became Shields Engineering Co in 1900. The name was changed to Shields Engineering and Dry Dock Co Ltd in 1904, when they took over the nearby Young's Dock. However the company was popularly known as the Haddock Shop until it was taken over by Smith's Dock in 1955.
Above photo shows the Shields Engineering site at North Shields
Above photo showing ALNMOUTH in dry dock is copyright of Danny Lynch
USE BROWSER BACK BUTTON TO RETURN