TYNE BUILT SHIPS
  A history of Tyne shipbuilders and the ships that they built

Home

Shipbuilders

Ships

River Views

About

Copyright

River Views

Aerial Views

Other Companies

Above: Brigham & Cowan shiprepair yard at South Shields in 1962. Photo courtesy of Tyne & Wear Museums

Above: Hawthorn Leslie (Engineers) Ltd. St Peter's Works. Photo courtesy of Tyne & Wear Museums

Above: Mercantile Dry Docks at Jarrow on 30th March 1950. Photo courtesy of Kevin Blair

Above: Mercantile Dry Docks again. Photo courtesy of Kevin Blair

Above: Middle Docks at South Shields in 1976. Photo copyright of Tyne & Wear Museums

Above: North-Eastern Marine Engineering Co Ltd Works at Wallsend. Photo courtesy of Tony Frost

Above: North-Eastern Marine Engineering Co Ltd Works at Wallsend. Photo courtesy of Kevin Blair

Above: North-Eastern Marine Engineering Co Ltd Works at Wallsend in 1921. Photo courtesy of Terry Summerson

Above: Palmer's original Jarrow drydock on the site currently occupied by Rohm & Haas. Photo courtesy of Kevin Blair

Above: Smith's Dock Ltd ship repair yards at North Shields. Photo courtesy of Tyne & Wear Museums

Above: Tyne Dock Engineering, between Brigham's & the Ferry landing at South Shields. Photo copyright of Tyne & Wear Museums

Above: Wallsend Dry Docks when part of Swan Hunter & Wigham Richardson. Photo courtesy of Kevin Blair

Above: Wallsend Dry Docks when part of Tyne Shiprepair Group. Photo courtesy of Wikipedia

Above: Wallsend Slipway & Engineering Co Ltd, with their repair dock centre stage. Photo courtesy of Kevin Blair