|Builder:||R & W Hawthorn, Leslie & Co Ltd|
|Dimensions:||1045disp - 1360disp, 250.0 x 34.0 x 8.8ft|
|Engines:||2 x Steam turbines, Parsons type, SR geared, 2000shp|
|Engines by:||R & W Hawthorn, Leslie & Co Ltd, Newcastle|
|Propulsion:||2 x Screws, 17.0knots|
|Armament:||2 x 1 x 4.0ins AA, 1 x 4 x 0.5ins guns|
|23/03/1929||British Royal Navy|
|08/01/1946||Unknown owner; renamed PRINCE ALBERT|
|1947||Hui Bon Hua, Tunis; renamed AMOY|
|Comments:||1946: Converted to a cargo ship|
|18/02/1948: Foundered off La Nouvelle, southern France|
|On a voyage from Oran to Sete with a cargo of fruit & vegetables|
Above photo as SANDWICH is courtesy of Photoship
Above photo as SANDWICH is copyright of the Imperial War Museum
Copied and digitised by Terry Summerson from the original Shipyard Data Books. Click HERE to enlarge.
Click on enlarged image to magnify even further. Use Browser BACK button to return.
This record is now held by Tyne and Wear Archive Services.